WHO WE ARE
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s biggest market leader in fresh berry sales and Costa – Australia’s biggest market leader in fresh produce.
This is an exciting time to join a growing, vibrant and dynamic company as it rapidly expands its market share and develops technological advances in berry production.
Reporting to the Nursery Manager, you will ultimately be responsible for the effective operation of all irrigation systems in line with irrigation programs to ensure that plants are fertigated to achieve plant output requirements. This may involve:
- Set up, install and operation of pumps, pipes, sprinklers, drip tape (or other) and setting up of parameters of any electronic systems.
- Performing diagnostic and troubleshooting activities including maintenance and upkeep of equipment.
- Water management to identify and implement best practice water management and efficiency programs.
- Putting in place irrigation systems for both nursery and glass house.
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to demonstrate capabilities in the following:
- Knowledge and experience of farm/nursery irrigation systems. Specifically hands-on experience in the setup, install and operation of systems.
- Supervisory experience or capabilities with a Cert. in Irrigation or equivalent preferred but not essential.
- Ability to conduct diagnostic trouble-shooting and repair/maintenance activities on farm irrigation systems.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to work Saturdays and some public holidays.
To apply please send through a recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org